Thursday 31 January 2013

HEY FACEBOOK IM KNOCKED UP!



It's baby making season in my world, and I need to vent about something most annoying. The stream of posts I keep locating in my news feed on FB, to the theme of - HEY ALL I AM HAVING A BABY!

Today, my mom stopped over to visit me and bring me more chicken soup as I have been fighting the flu for a few weeks now.

We sat and visited for a bit, I thanked her a million times, and told her how wonderful it is to have such a loving mother who still takes care of me when I need her. She has been all over the city this past month taking care of me, my sister and her baby, and now my father.

Last night, she said she was frustrated to an extreme. She said she is tired, and had to take out the garbage because my dad is so sick. She sat with me today, and said she can really understand how hard it must be to be single, especially when sick, because no matter what you have to do it all on your own.

I felt validated. It was nice to hear someone say it, because often times I feel like no one gets it. After my mom left, I had her amazing home made soup and followed it up with a nap (I think I have been napping since Christmas).

When I awoke, I got up and decided to check my computer, and sit up for a little while. When I logged on to facebook, there it was, another baby announcement. The post to tell all your friends, you got knocked up and in X amount of months you are planning to bring life into the world, let's all dance and celebrate.

OK, it's exciting, I am happy for all of those who are expecting and what not. Here is my major irritation today, the way she announced it, was by using this quote "You will never understand the love of a mother, until you are a mother yourself."

Fuck, right, off. So let me get this straight, if you are a man, or a woman without children (that may be choice or biological restrictions) you simply can NOT understand the love of your mother.

Today when my mom brought over soup, and I thanked her lovingly, I was apparently unable to show how much I got her love, because I haven't been blessed my own children. This is what I am to believe? That I could not possibly have figured out to this day how much my mom loves me? I think, if you have a good mom, you understand what a mothers love is all about.

Another problem I have with these posts, often times they are put out there WAY to early. I am glad you peed on a stick five minutes ago and hopefully you washed your hands before logging on to your laptop to tell the world about it, but what happens if its false? What happens if you don't carry this to term?

It's a miracle, one you may want to share openly with your close friends and family, but when your friends list totals more than 100 people, I am sorry, some of us just don't need to know the news yet.

I think having children is probably all it's made to be, and that's good for you. But do me a favour and stop making it out to be this gigantic TO DO in life that if you don't do well, you will be heartless and loveless and lonely.

 All you did was have sex, lots of people have sex, the people I admire more are the ones who have done it FOR YEARS and haven't disrupted the already overpopulated world by making a baby.

When Beyonce came out on stage and showed off her new belly, as if to say "look at how glorious I am world I am with child", most people rolled their eyes and said "people do it everyday, you are no one special." Well guess what, neither are you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment